How to BE in Courageous, Genuine Relationships
The focus of the book was the importance of compassion and authenticity, while this new chapter is all about implementation, with specific advice on how to be compassionate and authentic in your day-to-day life. The twenty-minute podcast is a simple, practical guide to building better relationships at work and at home, with answers to these reader questions:
- What can I do to deepen relationships?
- How can I feel comfortable with people of different backgrounds, tastes, and values?
- How do I help others feel safe to share their lives with me?
- What habits might I establish to reduce loneliness and build community?
Tony recommends these resources for further study and practice.
- Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High http://tiny.cc/cc-book
- Getting the Love You Want: The Couples Weekend Workshop http://tiny.cc/imagocouples
- Getting the Love You Want: A Guide for Couples, 20th Anniversary Edition http://tiny.cc/imagobook
- The Communications Catalyst: The Fast (But Not Stupid) Track To Value For Customers, Investors, And Employees http://tiny.cc/comcat
- A recipe for better conversation, with video and a summary poster. http://tiny.cc/concontract
- A story about kindness in the office at http://tiny.cc/morekind
- How asking questions, even in response to a question, helps improve communications and relationships http://tiny.cc/morecurious
- My 12 step program to shake a dangerous dependence on avoiding confrontation http://tiny.cc/toughtalk
- How groups agree http://tiny.cc/groupagree